Mud cleaner is the second or third stage drilling fluids solids control equipment in drilling fluids recycling system. This oil drilling fluids cleaner will handle the solids particle after being treated by the first grade separation equipment. The barite will be recovered and cuttings which are bigger than barite will be removed. Then the cuttings in the underflow will flow into circulation mud tanks through the screens of the oilfield drilling mud conditioner when the weighted mud passes while the particles that are bigger than mesh will be removed.
Some preparations before using mud cleaner
- Check the fastening cover and all the fixed part.
- Check whether the pipeline fixed, each row of the sand mouth was clear.
- Check the wear condition of drilling fluid shale shaker sieve, replace when necessary.
- Dial eccentric shaft by hand for a week, should be flexible shine.
- First start drilling fluid shale shaker, then start drilling sand pump.
- Through the gate to adjust working pressure (drilling fluid desander: 0.2-0.35 MPa, desilter: 0.32 MPa).
- Stop drilling sand pump, open the channel backflow mouth, river mouths to prevent mud loss.
Advantages of mud cleaner
- Environmentally Efficient
Aipu mud cleaner provides efficient removal of sand and silt particles larger than 20 microns, and some as small as 15 microns. Removing and drying drilled solids helps meet environmental regulations by minimizing waste generated and reducing disposal cost.
- High Performance
Processing capacity of 1,000 gpm with the 2-12 desander and 900 gpm with the desilter concentrates solids onto a classification shaker
The mud cleaner can be operated with the 2-12 desander, desilter or both to process weighted or unweighted fluid systems.
- Extends Equipment Life
The mud cleaner helps minimize maintenance, repair and replacement of downstream equipment.
- Reduces Operating Cost
The mud cleaner reduces sand and silt-size particles and saves liquid, thus reducing mud cost, chances of stuck pipe and lost circulation and improving rate of penetration.
- Reduces Disposal Cost
The mud cleaner minimizes waste generated thus reducing disposal cost.