Oilfield drilling rig will need drilling mud to help drilling job, the drilling mud solids control system is working to separate drilling cuttings and other solids particles from drilling mud and re-use the mud for saving cost and protect environment. Different size of drilling rig will require different size of solids control system depending on hole size and drilling conditions. So that’s means even a same drilling rig, it may need different size of solids control system. That’s why you will find different drilling contractor may working different mud process equipment even for a same model of drilling rig.
1000HP Drilling Rig Solids Control System
For a 1000HP drilling rig, it normally require a solids control system including 2 or 3 sets of shale shaker, 1 set mud cleaner, 1 set middle speed decanter centrifuge, 1 set of high speed decanter centrifuge, mud agitators, 3-5 sets of mud tanks, centrifugal pumps for mud transfer, mud mixing hoppers, mud guns, etc. There will be poor boy degasser and flare ignition device also. The equipment choose and tank design can be many options depending on jobsite requirement and drilling requirement. The mud agitator size and quantity will be depending on tank size and drilling mud density and viscosity requirement. Normally it will set an mud agitator every 3 or 4 meters.
How To Fix An Solids Control System?
- Drilling mud flow to mud pump need confirmed, so that you can choose shale shaker and mud cleaner mud flow capacity to suit requirement.
- Mud tank storage capacity need confirmed, so that you can confirm mud tank size and tank quantity as well as mud tank design and pipeline arrangement.
- Pipeline arrangement need confirm with client to meet requirement.
- Mud tank layout need confirm to meet drilling site layout and requirement.
- Decanter centrifuge treating capacity and separation points need confirm depending on requirement. There are middle speed decanter centrifuge and high speed centrifuge with difference mud flow options.